Sunday, April 25, 2010

Positivity is Key.

My Professor, Deborah Small, recently asked me to come in and speak to her class to show my portfolio and speak a bit about life after CSUSM and Grad School. I was really honored that she had invited me and gave my told the class about how I approached things and gave a few tips about the process and how I went about things. My main point was that you have to rely on yourself to get things done, not let anything stop you, and strive to be the best! What surprised me was that people actually listened and cared about what I had to say! I guess I'm definitely not the same person that came into college, I have actually accomplished many things and am now in a position that I have some experience behind me. I really appreciated the class and all of their comments and questions. I especially thought it was cool talking to the homies Joemell and Andy about life after CSUSM and all of our goals. I think positivity leads to success to I try to keep that in my life and I feel these guys do the same. I feel it is so important for all of us to have good connections after college because one day we might all rely on eachother one day. If any students or fellow artists read this blog please shoot me an email with your blog and I will update my links to include your page! I have done this with several of my friends to keep current on their work and to learn more from them.
I'm really so proud of everyone and everything that I have seen accomplished through the CSUSM art department and I am very certain their are greater things to come.

On a side note I am in the process of updating my website and have added an updated biography and several new photos in a theatre section. More to come! check it out at www.alexingram.com

No comments:

Post a Comment