Monday, May 10, 2010

Capstone.


I never got a chance to blog about my Capstone exhibit! Last week was my final week of school and I got to display my Capstone work along with the other senior students. My work entitled "Sweet Dreams, Night Terrors" was my subtle approach to with my senior year and experiences, relating dreams to feeling more true than reality, and reality becoming almost completely surreal. I feel like this project allowed me to step outside of my typical box and produce something that was much different from my typical aesthetic. For the project I had to also write a 10 page paper and study several artists and concepts, in which I went in depth on Tim Burton and the film "Ed Wood", Stanley Kubrick, the film The Science of Sleep and Waking Life, along with many other titles and themes. While I feel like the work could have been much more elaborate, I had time constraints along with my 3 jobs and applying to Grad school and I feel like this is a cohesive project that I hope to build and expand upon one day in the form of a short film.
Regardless I feel as though everyones work was amazing and I was really proud to see what everyone had produced. To my classmates and friends if you check out this blog, I say to you job well done, I wish you the best in the future, and if your ever in NYC dont hesitate to look me up. I still feel like the connections we have made are the key to our future and networking means everything in this field. Feel free to contact me anytime at alexingramphotography@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Your work looks really interesting have you got a link to your work on the web? Inbox me at code-vision@hotmail.co.ouk ? Please come follow my blog www.code-vision.blogspot.com

    Thanks for dropping by how did you find me and my blog by the way??

    ReplyDelete