Monday, January 11, 2010

One of my favorite scenes in modern cinema...

So Romeo and Juliet starring Leonardo Dicaprio came on TV yesterday.
There is something about this scene... It gets to me every fucking time. Anytime I hear the song "Kissing You" from Des'ree, I can close my eyes and time suddenly freezes around me.... as soon as i hear that slow tune coming in from the grand piano ...  I am locked in a dream.
Yes, the movie may be a little over the top, but the best films often are just that. Outlandish. But if your willing to let a classic blend itself into modern times this is surely the best effort Romeo and Juliet ever had... that is if they ever had a chance. I'm starting to think that the greatest love stories are tragic and don't always have a happy ending. Maybe thats what makes them so great. Sorry the clip is in espanol.

"But watching stars without you, my soul cried"


Get it here...William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment