Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hipster? No. Hip? Fo Sho.



So upon moving to Brooklyn I have learned many new terms, and the funniest is the "hipster". I have never really heard this term used to quite the same extent in California and had only really referenced in when talking about "Hipsters in Space" from current. (See video above) So what is a hipster? That is a good question. Now some of the hipsters are the coolest people you will ever meet. Ahead of the curve, pioneers who are the advocates for a change. However many are clones. Waves of rich 20 somethings who seem to have scrapped their personality to blend into an UO ad.
This post isn't anti hipster, just sharing a new term for those unfamiliar with it. And in some ways I suppose even I could be considered a hipster. For me I will just stick with my blog title. Hipster? No. Hip? Fo Sho.

No comments:

Post a Comment